Safety Sayings and Slogans
There are a lot of sayings in safety. Some of them are catchy, some are not. We all use sayings and clichés because they put important information—in this case safety information—into a form that is easy to remember. Since you have to know or remember safety rules in order to work safely, sometimes having a memorable saying or expression will actually help people avoid accidents and injuries. Feel free to use and copy any of the sayings on this page. They’re here so you can use them.
We’re building our collection of safety sayings. We want ones that represent real safety truths. If you have a saying that’s not on the list, click here to send it to us. Please note that if you send us a saying, you are granting us the right to use* it.
- A Clean Jobsite is a Safe Jobsite. ~ John G., Quanta Wireless Solutions
- The Safety Officer's job is not over until all employees have gone home
~ Jose T., Cerritos, CA
- Better safe than sorry.
- Tie off or Die off.
- It’s not the fall that kills you; it’s the sudden stop at the bottom.
- What goes up must come down—you choose whether or not it hurts.
- Take five for safety: review the JSA before you start working.
- A heart attack really is “as serious as a heart attack.”
- Seat Belts Save Lives.
- Short cuts lead to short lives or sometimes just short fingers.
- P.A.S.S.—Pull Aim Squeeze Sweep
* By sending us your truism or other safety saying, you grant us the right to publish it, on our website or elsewhere, with or without crediting you, you further agree that we may or may not publish your truism or saying in any form and for any length of time. If you do not wish to have your name associated with your truism or saying, please indicate that request in the message containing your saying or truism; we will honor your request. Safety Meeting Outlines reserves the right to edit any submission.